Sunday, September 14, 2008

Insomnia

After a week of refusing Daddy's comfort at bedtime or when waking up in the middle of the night, last night Joris actually let Jacob put him to bed. And comfort him back to sleep the second time he woke up. Definite progress from my point of view!

Sleeping has been hard lately. Joris has been waking up multiple times a night on some nights and, except for the slight summer cold he's had the last day or so, we can't really figure out why it is. Although my method of dangling the boy upside down to get him to laugh so I can take a peek at his molars is by no means scientific, I don't think the second set is coming in yet - at least not visibly.

I'm starting to get a bit worried about traveling with him. We'll be going to visit Joris' great-grandma and great-grandpa in Sanborn, New York (close to Niagra Falls) at the end of the month. I'm definitely looking forward to being there and introducing Joris to Jacob's grandparents and, of course, seeing the falls, but entertaining a (quite likely) cranky tot for four flights isn't at the top of my list. I'm sure it will work out ok though, even if it will take two weeks to get back on schedule with everything...

2 comments:

Christine said...

Where is your layover? It might be a mixed blessing... at least he will be able to run around a bit between flights. Maybe being in an airplane will be so stimulating he'll zonk out?

Carine said...

Layovers are in Charlotte on the way there and Chicago on the way back. I think you're right and having two shorter flights might be better than one long one. I'm definitely hoping for the white noise to put him to sleep!